Friday, September 5, 2008

Sending Luck & Love

I’m sending lots of luck and love out into the blogosphere today. Here’s wishing Arlene at Grey Horse Matters a successful knee surgery, and Rafer Johnson, Billie's adorable mini donkey, an easy time getting his cast on his broken leg. I have my fingers crossed that Marvel at Strawberry Lane is able to rescue Shadow, the starving horse. To everyone in the path of Tropical Storm Hanna, I hope that you ride on through safely.

Yesterday was spent battening down our hatches around here as Hanna approaches. We cleared the ditch around the barn, and I bought bags of wood pellets in case Silk’s stall floods. They predict that we’ll get 4 to 6 inches of rain, which depending on how fast it comes down, could be okay since the ground is very dry right now.

Siete is much better. Pepper is holding on, and we’re hoping that she made it through that rough patch. Many thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers for my sweet animals. They’re working! Let’s hope that all this good energy keeps going and helps everyone get through whatever they are trying to get through this weekend.

I have an Indonesian friend who tells me that life is like a coin --“on the other side of pain, there’s hope”.

6 comments:

billie said...

Thank you, Victoria! We are definitely feeling it down here. Rafer Johnson is having another good day thus far.

I saw an image online this week of all the tropical storms and hurricanes whirling on their paths out in the oceans. It was quite beautiful, although daunting.

Just now, reading your post, I had an image of all the good thoughts, good energy, love, and luck that is whirling from one place to another via the blogosphere. It looked very similar to the hurricanes, but its power was different - totally positive.

I'll send my own batch of good stuff into the ethers for success and quick recovery, safety and health.

Have a good weekend up there!

Victoria Cummings said...

Billie - I love that thought - All the swirling good vibes would have calming, ethereal colors- not the green, yellow, orange and red of bad weather radar, but purple and pink and turquoise and lavender - So glad that Rafer is in a happy mood!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a beautiful image of those swirling hope-and-love-filled-colors moving across the atmosphere pushing the hurricanes back out to sea, and moving positive outcomes into people and animal's lives.

It amazes me when I read someone's blog and they talk about someone that I, too, am familiar with in the blogosphere.

What a small, intricate web we have in this internet world where we share our joys and challenges and others come forth with helpful advice and comforting support.

Thank you for sharing your beauty, grace and thoughts within in your blog with so many. I always enjoy visiting here, sometimes taking away with me grains of wisdom, caring concern for others, laughter, deeper thoughts, and a peacefulness within.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as Hanna approaches, and holding my finger down tight on that coin so that the hope side faces up.

:)
~Lisa

Victoria Cummings said...

Thanks, Lisa - I think that we're privileged to have discovered this internet world and my life is certainly richer for all the great friends I've made here.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

What a nice post, so full of warmth and hope...it was uplifting to read after a long day.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I also want to leave a comment to say thank for stopping by my blog to wish me a happy birthday and give me such helpful advice and kind support. It is much appreciated.
When you have a little time, could you give me Carolyn Resnick's Blog link?

Thanks again
~Lisa