Sunday, January 13, 2008

Storm's Coming





Today, it was warm and sunny and Siete was so happpy to be out. They are predicting that we will get a foot of snow tonight. We ran around trying to do everything we needed to do so we'd be ready. I realized that this might be the last time I saw the bare ground until March or April. I went to the grocery store and the feed store to stock up on what we'll need to be comfy and cozy.

This brief respite of warm weather has been great, but I am actually looking forward to some more snow. The horses don't mind it, as long as it doesn't get icy like the last time. They can feel that something is in the air. Silk was especially aware of what we were doing. She ran around inspecting the new compost bins that my husband built next to her "backyard".

Finally, we all settled down, ready for whatever blows in tonight. The horses did what they liked to do best, eat hay side by side.

9 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Today we got everything is ready for the snow. I'd rather have snow than mud any day. Just hope it doesn't get too icy again. Horses running, playing and rolling in the snow, it's great to watch them have fun. My dogs love it too!

Gypsy said...

It is always special when an animal Friend's family gets to stay together- you can see it in the pics of mother and daughter, eating calmly, side by side. Too often, they are separated. I'm glad they both have a home with you.
It brings back good memories of my ThunderHorse, whose mom and dad, and one sister lived together with us for 7 years, til we bought a small farm. There wasn't much for pasture, so his dad went to a family that had been begging us for him for 4 years, and his sister to a good friend, as company for her older horse. We could still visit them, and that made all the difference.
But, how much better for them to stay at home, living with their human family members!

whitehorsepilgrim said...

They are such a contented-looking pair. It's lovely the way that they contentedly regard you as you photograph them. How nice to have them at home.

Victoria Cummings said...

I'm glad you all can tell that they are happy. The greatest compliment that anyone can give me is to say that my horses are calm and gentle. It means that I'm keeping up my end of the partnership.

Strawberry Lane said...

What a great picture of your beautiful horses! You must be so happy just watching them!

Anonymous said...

GOOD

Anonymous said...

such beautiful animals.. i envy you!

Unknown said...

Seven! I get it. How very interesting. What a lovely filly.
Debi McSwain

Anonymous said...

wow! they are so beautiful, you are so lucky. They look so calm and happy!