Monday, July 21, 2008
I've Been Tagged!
From across the Atlantic ocean, in Poland, my friend, Ewa, was sitting in her beautiful garden and she tagged me for a game. I am supposed to tell you 6 things about myself that you probably don’t know.
So, I will tell you that:
1. I love raspberries. The wild raspberries that I cultivate around our property are just about ready for picking. I can’t wait. Raspberry pancakes, muffins, just plain raspberries with vanilla yogurt. Yum.
2. I always have vases of flowers in my house. My favorites are peonies, lilacs and lilies of the valley. I am also crazy about orchids. My phalaenopsis orchids just stopped blooming and every time I think about how long I’m going to have to wait until they flower again, I’m tempted to get a new one. My passion for phalaenopsis began over 25 years ago when I videotaped Amado and Maria Vazquez and their son, George. They own Zuma Canyon Orchids, located just above Mailbu, and they ship plants around the world.
3. All I want to eat right now is mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden with balsamic vinegar and olive oil . I could eat it for every meal. In fact, I pretty much do. We can get fresh mozzarella at our local farm stand, and it practically melts in your mouth.
4. I am an only child, so I learned years ago to enjoy being alone. I don’t get enough time by myself these days because our house is always full of family. I also know that this will pass, as my daughter grows up, so I’m trying to enjoy the chaos. Luckily, I can always escape to the barn.
5. My idea of a perfect evening is to stay at home with my husband and daughter, with a fire in the fireplace, a good book and some music playing.
6. I’ve traveled all over the world, and while there are lots of wonderful cities, New York City is my favorite. I love the energy and the mix of so many different kinds of people. Next weekend, I have the pleasure of taking my daughter and a friend of hers, whom has never been there, and I know that we’re going to have a great time.
Okay, now I’m going to tag some of you from other parts of the world. No pressure, but if you want to play, just do what I did and tag some of your friends.
Gecko in Australia
Esther Garvi (aka Ishtar) in Niger, Africa
Nor'dzin at Ceffylau in Wales
Pony Girl way out West
Callie at Midwest Horse in Wisconsin
Strawberry Lane in California
The 7MSN in New Mexico