Thursday, June 5, 2008

Revved Up

My life went from zero to sixty in an instant yesterday. An old friend called to ask if I could help produce a television program, and within moments, everything went into high gear. The project needs to be shot right away, but there’s still a huge amount of research to be done. I found myself sitting at the computer after everyone had gone to bed and waking even earlier than usual to jump right back into it.

Yesterday, as I did my barn chores, I also had a conference call. When I took the dog to the vet, I had another conference call. I guess that subconsciously last week, I must have known what was coming, and it reminded me to appreciate the calm before the storm.

I turned the horses out at the end of the day after it stopped raining. Silk was so itchy again and rolled in the mud. Her belly was so scratched up that I was afraid to let all that dirt sit on her all night. So, at 8 pm, after dinner, I was out in the barn, washing my horse and giving her antihistamines. Then, I raced back in the house to wash my dog’s bed since she has suddenly become much more incontinent and is peeing all over everything. I tucked my daughter into bed and went back to work on the TV production.

When I finally fell into my own bed, my last thought was that this must be a test to see how well I can still juggle.

13 comments:

Gecko said...

Wow, you have sure been busy haven't you! I don't know how you can juggle all that stuff, I have trouble juggling the simplist things! Definetly a talent. =)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Busy lady. Sorry to hear about Silk's itchies, hope she feels better soon. I think it is wonderful you got that call and are working on a TV production again. It might be just the thing to help keep your mind off of the other everyday stresses you are dealing with right now with your mom and dog and horses. I hope you are enjoying yourself with this new direction.Even though it might be tiring it is probably good for your soul.

Callie said...

Sounds like you're going to be quite busy here. I hope all goes well and you're able to stay balanced! :)

billie said...

Take care - I feel sure you'll handle the juggling with grace!

M. C. Valada said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Ours are both 13 1/2 and one of them has doggie senility and the incontinence problem. It is so sad.

You must be energized by doing something you love and do well. Good luck with the new project, Victoria. My husband is a voting member of the TV Academy.

Janet Roper said...

Good luck with everything ~ this sounds like an exciting and fruitful time.
Harmony,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are feeling pretty jazzed up - good for you.

FYI there is a prescription that the vet can give your dog that works well for older female dogs with incontinence - really helped our 13 year old. I think it may be an antihistamine. If you're interested and your vet isn't aware of it I can get the name.

Pony Girl said...

Victoria, this sounds like an exciting project for you! What is the television program about?
You are amazing to do all that you do....from washing your mare's itchy belly to taking care of the dog....and it sounds like you do it with such care and love!

Anonymous said...

when it's time to juggle, you need soft and pretty balls in the air. here's hoping you get to enjoy keeping them all floating there!

Deejbrown said...

As ever, I am sure your horses will let you know what you need to keep your life in balance.

Gypsy at Heart said...

From the looks of it Victoria, you can juggle quite well. I was utterly dizzy by the time I finished reading about your day. I take my hat off to you and I'm sure that everything will go well in spite of the current crazyness. I hope you manage to find some rest somewhere.

William Evertson said...

Sorry I haven't checked for a few days - I know you are on the great path. I relate to what you balance. You bring grace and substance to the world. Get some sleep.

Ewa said...

Victoria,
Looks like balance is hanging on the thin rope - but I believe with all the work you have done and your thoughts you will keep it.
All starts in our brain.
Wish you harmony,
Ewa