Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Lovely Award!


I was pleasantly surprised to receive this Arte y Pico Award from my talented friend, Ewa, at “Ewa In the Garden”! She is very artistic, and I am so flattered that she has chosen me. We have a great community of horse lovers who blog, but I also wander out into the blogosphere to visit gardeners and artists and those who love to write and cook. It’s difficult to decide where this award should go next. So, while I will include a couple of our horsey friends, I hope that you will also visit some of these other thoughtful, artistic friends of mine:

“Under Construction/ Art Contemplations” is Bill Evertson’s blog about his art, Zen musings and life. He always gives me something new to think about and appreciate.

“What If?” is Deborah Carr’s blog about life and nature and being a good neighbor. She is a generous, warm-hearted person who really makes a difference in her world.

“Oak In The Seed” is DJ Brown’s blog. She writes about nature in all its glory and takes wonderful photographs of it.

"Camera Obscura" is Billie’s blog. I look forward to her views on not just horses, but writing, nature, life and anything else that she chooses to share with us.

”Grey Horse Matters" is Arlene’s blog. Not only is her design and photography elegant, but her writing is so well-crafted and thought provoking.

The designer of this award has asked that the following be passed along with it:

The origin of the Arte y Pico Award: "This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few. The people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read. But I will name the first 10 and leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."

Here are the rules, if you decide to pass the award further to remarkable blogs in blogosphere worth to mention:

The rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Please include a link to the “Arte Y Pico” blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.
5. Show these rules.

Thank you!!

5 comments:

billie said...

Thank you, Victoria - this is a gorgeous award and I appreciate it.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Thank you Victoria, for thinking of me, the award is beautiful and much more artistic than I could ever hope to be.

Pony Girl said...

Congrats on the award, and thanks for sharing some of your other favorite blogs! I already checked a few out and really liked "Oak in the Seed." I enjoy reading a lot of other country life, nature, and mommy blogs, too! ;)

Deejbrown said...

OH! Thank you very for including me in your family of blogger friends! It is an honor that I will be happy to convey on others!

Deborah Carr said...

Thank you, Victoria! I'm honoured that 'What If' was included with these other blogs. I've been surprised with how enjoyable creating a blog can be - especially the resulting friendships that develop.