We’ve been good horses all year long. Here’s our list of what we hope you’ll bring:
1. A gallon of patience - We see Mom running back and forth to the car, driving off and coming back all day. Sometimes she’s gone for a really long time. We know she doesn’t have as much time for us as she’d like. Please give all of us lots of patience, especially while she’s with us, so no one gets upset.
2. A tub of attention - It’s boring out here, especially in the winter. We’d like more grooming and fussing and riding.
3. A bucket of fairness - Equal time for each of us. Some days, Mom pays more attention to one of us than the other, and it’s hard not to get jealous. She’s good about alternating who gets to go first, but we both always want to be first, so we promise to work on that.
4. A hundred bales of green grassy hay - Boy, the hay is stinky this year. The farmers say it’s because of the weather. Please give Mom some help so we don’t have to eat any tough dry brown stuff.
5. Endless amounts of warm water- Mom carries the buckets from the house so it’s hot. Sometimes we drink it as fast as she fills them. She seems annoyed when that happens so please refer back to Wish # 1 on our list.
6. A bag of “I’ll Be Fine” - Mom heard about this stuff from the lady at the feed store. She told Dad, and they laughed really hard. Maybe we could try some of it.
That’s it. Fly safe and say hi to the reindeer for us. See you on the 25th!
Silk & Siete