Monday, December 24, 2012

Thank You



Last night, we took some time to visit the Sandy Hook shrines that have blossomed on the corners near the school. The gifts and words come from all over the world. I wanted to share some pictures with you, but what I can’t convey is something I never expected. The scent was incredible. So many candles and flowers combined to create a fragrance that was as strong and powerful a blending as all the tributes and messages of love.



Yesterday, as I went about my errands in town, I could feel the blanket of sadness and pain, but hovering above that sorrow is another aura that is so healing. It’s a million thoughts of kindness and love that are really palpable. You can almost reach out and feel the hugs and hands holding all of us.

I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is for the parents and families of the little angels and the heroes who died to now have to pick up the pieces and go on. As I wrap presents and bake cookies, I think of how it must be almost unbearable for them. I found this message from Clarissa Pinkola Estes, the guardian angel of hope, about crossing over:

“As I tell the souls who have been harmed by a terrible disaster, murder or massacre or devastation... the wounded will not remember words, nor philosophies, nor politically correct psychological b.s. The souls will remember kindness, tone of voice, soft eyes, the sweet or mild touch that asks for nothing in return.

It is so much simpler than some might imagine. Just be there. In your own way, long distance, up close, in prayer, in contemplation, in person, by proxy. Be there. It will be enough. And more than enough.”



So, I just wanted to let you all know that we can feel you with us and  to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Oh Victoria, that message could not be more touching. It's going to be a very different Christmas this year. Believe me, all of you are in are thoughts. Let there be comfort and joy. Big hugs from Skoog Farm.

detroit dog said...

Powerful photographs, and powerful words, Victoria. Thank you.

What you said about the scent reminded me of the Mexican customs of Day of the Dead. The flower Cempasuchil has a very strong scent, and the scent is used to guide our deceased loved ones home to celebrate their lives and our lives together.

Through all the sadness, the celebrations of love and life shine through.

Strawberry Lane said...

The photos are overwhelming, both knowing the grief of many, and the love from millions. This has touched the world.

billie said...

I imagine the holiday is difficult for your entire community this year but we on November Hill send our best wishes and big hugs. The love being shown there embodies the meaning of Christmas.

Unknown said...

I've yet to find the words, but I have found the prayers. We are all thinking of your community.

C-ingspots said...

Evil will never be able to triumph over the love and prayers that are with all of you. Blessings of comfort and joy to your town.